Friday, November 26, 2010

[ZESTCaste] Mayawati was my role model: Neha

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Mayawati-was-my-role-model-Neha/articleshow/6988667.cms

Mayawati was my role model: Neha
Sarah Salvadore, TNN, Nov 26, 2010, 12.00am IST

The Obama fever in the country has surely died down. But for actor
Neha Dhupia, all things Obama still matter. Dressed in a yellow and
grey draped outfit, the actor seemed to be in a cheery mood as she sat
down for a tête-à-tête.

Tell her she looks gorgeous and she immediately talks about her latest
rustic avatar in her forthcoming film, "Phas Gaya Obama". "It was very
challenging to portray a complete tomboy on screen. People associate
me with high fashion but when they see me in this film, they'll be in
for a pleasant shock," says Neha.

Known to flit effortlessly between big budget bonanzas and small
productions, this will be the first time the audiences will see Neha
in a completely different role. "The film has characters based out of
Meerut and when I was approached for this role, I didn't know if I
could do justice to it. But my director, Subhash Kapoor, convinced me
and helped me a lot on the sets," she says. But of course, the best
part about this role for the actor was the get-up. "For the first time
I didn't have to diet and watch my weight. I ate everything that came
my way because I knew my outfit would take care of the bulges," laughs
the actor.

For someone who spent her early years in Sydney, how difficult was it
for her to get the dialect right? "Though I speak fluent Hindi, the
dialect from Meerut was new. I watched tapes of UP chief minister,
Mayawati and observed the way she speaks, the body — language, etc. I
watched a her videos and took inspiration from them," she says.

After a big screen outing in "Action Replayy" recently, Neha says that
as, "an actor I want to push the envelope. There are actors who don't
get out of their Barbie Doll avatars, but that's not who I am," she
says. So is she hinting at someone particular? "No. If you see my
career graph you'll notice that I've also played glam roles from time
to time. Like "Action Replayy" for instance. But I dare to do
something different. Yes, this is a shot in the dark, but I will take
the chance. I don't want to be one of those actors who sits and
regrets her career choices later in life."

What's also exciting for the actor is the fact that she is also doing
a Telugu flick, "Parama Veera Chakra", with Balakrishna and Ameesha
Patel. At a time when she has exciting B-Town projects, what made her
say yes to the film? "As an actor I have no hang-ups whatsoever about
cinema. It can be mainstream, art, regional or national. The project's
great and I had plenty to do there. Plus, I've performed kick-ass
action sequences — something that I've never done before. I've even
dubbed for the film."

With time ticking, she gets ready to leave, but not before herparting
shot, "The time is perfect for me to cement my reputation in the
industry as an actor known for her performances."


------------------------------------

----
INFORMATION OVERLOAD?
Get all ZESTCaste mails sent out in a span of 24 hours in a single mail. Subscribe to the daily digest version by sending a blank mail to ZESTMedia-digest@yahoogroups.com, OR, if you have a Yahoo! Id, change your settings at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTMedia/join/

PARTICIPATE:-
On this list you can share caste news, discuss caste issues and network with like-minded anti-caste people from across India and the world. Just write to zestcaste@yahoogroups.com

TELL FRIENDS TO SIGN UP:-
If you got this mail as a forward, subscribe to ZESTCaste by sending a blank mail to ZESTCaste-subscribe@yahoogroups.com OR, if you have a Yahoo! ID, by visiting http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTCaste/join/

Also have a look at our sister list, ZESTMedia: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTMedia/Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTCaste/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTCaste/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
ZESTCaste-digest@yahoogroups.com
ZESTCaste-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
ZESTCaste-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive