In the response to advertisement No. 6/2009, I have applied for the post of Lecturer in Physical Environment-1 (Reserved for SC Category) in the Department of Environment & Vocational Studies, Panjab University , Chandigarh .
Further with reference to their interview letter vide No. EST/10/2535 dated 19/03/2010 , I appeared in the interview on 02/04/2010 at 4:30 PM in the office of Vice-Chancellor, Panjab University , Chandigarh .
As per condition of the interview letter, I was asked by experts to give presentation in the office of V.C. After completion of presentation, Experts seems to be much satisfied with my research activities and qualification.
VC from His chair asked me, "Have you brought NOC".
I told that I have applied for it to my Private Deemed University but they refused to provide the same.
Interrupting me to say anything VC said with anger, "How did you appear for interview? .you are not suitable for interview ..without NOC how did you come?"
One expert said sir, let we interview him first.
V.C., "OK .OK"
One expert asked me, "Why you studied POLYCYCLIC AROMATIC HYDROCARBONS (PAHs) from incineration of waste?"
I answered PAHs are of special environmental concern. US Environmental Protection Agency has declared 16 PAHs as priority pollutants. Moreover many PAHs have been declared as probable and possible carcinogenic by International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC).
I told that I have submitted two research projects, one to AICTE entitled, "Oral Exposure to Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons" and another to CSIR entitled, "Toxic Environmental Releases From Medical Waste Incinerators" for funding. Presently, I am guiding two M.Sc. students and 1 Ph.D. student.
Then VC rush toward the seat where expert committee was sitting and said to me in hindi, "Tu bahut environmentalist banta hai? Ye bata abhi abhi globle warming per controvercy chali thi; wo kya thi?"
I just started to speak, whether carbon dioxide .is actually responsible for global warming or not?
(but even word carbon he did not let me to say anything).
Then he asked, "Who is the Indian environmentalist who have received Noble prize".
I said, sorry! Right now I am not able re member his name.
VC said with anger in Punjabi, "Chhal bhajj ! bhajj bhajj ja bhajj ja ..(means you just get lost fast)" by pointing his fingers towards the door.
I left the room but I was shocked.
Having PhD degree (with international publications) from reputed Deemed University, NET (LS) CSIR UGC, HP SLET, GATE and more than two year teaching experience.. the person is treated like animal in interview, just to degrade SC candidate or to show that I was nothing in front of world owners (Upper caste people).
I request you all, kindly to enquire the following:
1. Why an interview Letter No. EST/10/1552/Estt. I dated 25/02/2010 was issued in which date of interview was mentioned to be 20/11/2009? After consulting University authorities a new interview letter was issued on 26/02/2010 (Letter No. EST/10/1706/Estt. I) in which date is mentioned to be 03/03/2010 at 9:30AM.
2. When I reached at University on said date and time, It was said to me that interview has been postponed. Why I was not intimated for that? [However, modified letter for interview was issued on 26/02/2010 (Friday). There were holidays for 27/02/2010-Saturday, 28/02/2010-Sunday and 01/03/2010-Monday (for Holi)]. Why interview was cancelled on spot (02/03/2010) and Why the candidate who's corresponding address was of same city in which University is situated was not intimated for postponing the date of interview?
3. Further, afresh interview letter was issued on 19/03/2010 for interview to be conducted on 02/04/2010 at 4:30PM.
4. Why I was mentally tortured by using abusing language by VC?
5. For reserved post, Why every year interview is conducted but seats are not filled? Is it for money making?
6. Why every year, It is said to UGC, "Not found Suitable."
7. For a reserved post of Lecturer for SC, what can be more qualification than Ph.D.? Is in India education system has fallen upto such a extent that suitability of a candidate (for a post of lecturer) can not be predicted on the basis of having PhD degree, CSIR-UGC NET (LS), HP SLET, GATE and Teaching experience of more than 2 years at university level? But such a candidate is insulted in interview.
8. Why private colleges/ Universities do not issue NOC (No Objection Certificate) but ask to resign?
9. Why NOC is required from private employer, if candidate do not want to take any benefit of his experience from last employer in the case when private authorities do not issue NOC?
Please find enclosed my Latest CV as proof of qualification and copy misleading interview letters. I have also made many requests through e-mail from April, 2010 regarding my grievance.
Kindly look into the matter as soon as possible and help untouchable persons to stand in the front of upper cast people.
Hoping for the justice.
Dr Vinit Prakash
Get all ZESTCaste mails sent out in a span of 24 hours in a single mail. Subscribe to the daily digest version by sending a blank mail to ZESTMediaemail@example.com, OR, if you have a Yahoo! Id, change your settings at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTMedia/join/
On this list you can share caste news, discuss caste issues and network with like-minded anti-caste people from across India and the world. Just write to firstname.lastname@example.org
TELL FRIENDS TO SIGN UP:-
If you got this mail as a forward, subscribe to ZESTCaste by sending a blank mail to ZESTCasteemail@example.com OR, if you have a Yahoo! ID, by visiting http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTCaste/join/
Also have a look at our sister list, ZESTMedia: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTMedia/